Eisenhower Unveils Marshall Bust

Download this image

More from this collection

Related by Where

Support Pastpin!

Where: Unknown

Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.

When: 08 September 1960

Try to find the date or year when this image was made.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Mrs. George C. Marshall unveil the bronze bust of General George C. Marshall during the dedication ceremony of the Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) in Huntsville, Alabama, on September 8, 1960. On October 21, 1959, President Eisenhower directed the transfer of personnel from the Redstone Arsenal's Army Ballistic Missile Agency Development Operations Division to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). A new field installation of NASA was designated as George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC), and its complex was formed within the boundaries of Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama. MSFC began its operation on July 1, 1960 after the transfer ceremony, with Dr. Werher von Braun as Center Director.

Image # : 9131490

Info:

Owner: NASA on The Commons
Source: Flickr Commons
Views: 50706
bust georgecmarshall georgemarshall presidentdwightdeisenhower presidentdwighteisenhower presidenteisenhower

Add Tags