Mazinaw Lake Dam Plaque

Download this image

More from this collection

Related by When

Related by Where

Research Help!

Where: Unknown

Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.

When: Unknown

Try to find the date or year when this image was made.
The Mazinaw Lake Dam is located immediately north of the Head Road in the Township of North Frontenac.

The first dam was located below the bridge on Head Road in the proximity of Snider’s Depot (now Bon Echo Family Campground).
Barbara Lester states in ‘The Oxen and The Axe’: ‘The old dam went out at the foot of the Lake on or about 1906.” The Mazinaw Dam and waterway were instrumental in the success of logging operations in the region.

It is not known when the new dam was first constructed (pictured here) although this plaque likely signified renovations. The dam is managed by the Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority.

Part of the Ken and Cathy Hook Album
Note: All CDHS Flickr content is available for the public use (non-commercial) providing our Rights Statement is followed:
pioneer.mazinaw.on.ca/flickr_statement.php

Info:

Owner: Cloyne & District Historical Society
Source: Flickr Commons
Views: 183
mazinaw lake dam 1906 plaque mississippivalley conservation authority watercontrol logging headroad bridge northfrontenac 1992

Add Tags