All we had on this photo was "Rev. Father Conlon, Handball Court" until we got this great information from Brendan Grogan
"Checked out the photograph in question, dated 30th May 1931. It's from the old Good Counsel College off Chapel Lane in New Ross, 1890-1980. It was commissioned by Fr. Thomas A. Conlan, OSA, Rector of the college from 1930 to 1942. The group of photographs, most of which mention Fr. Conlan, in the NLI Poole collection date from the above period and comprise 15 photographs of various groups of students, clerics and sports activities. The ball alley is still in existence today, albeit somewhat modified and currently unused and dilapidated.
See here for photo Nov. 2012.
Date: Saturday, 30 May 1931
NLI Ref.: P_WP_3810
Owner: National Library of Ireland on The Commons
Source: Flickr Commons