Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
A number of electric trams are travelling from the second permanent Victoria Bridge, along Queen Street in 1939. A large sign advertising Plume petrol dominates the entrance to the bridge. Plume benzine was introduced in 1916 by the Vacuum Oil Company. The Plume brand name was replaced with Mobilgas in 1954.
View this page at the State Library of Queensland:http://hdl.handle.net/10462/deriv/88307
Information about State Library of Queensland?s collection: www.slq.qld.gov.au/resources/picture-queensland
Owner: State Library of Queensland, Australia
Source: Flickr Commons