Try to find the spot where the photographer was standing.
The NIAH gives a short history:
"Designed 1825...Sold, 1924, to accommodate alternative use. Burnt, 1932. Rebuilt, 1933. Closed, 1974. Renovated, ----, to accommodate alternative use."
Now part of the St. Joseph's Secondary School
Weird how the window left of the door has chicken wire with creeper growing all over it. And The Lawn's lawn needs weeding; or are they imminent daffodils?
A few of the windows have been replaced, as fresh putty is visible.
Is this the residence of the former (or is he ?) lord lucan?
Interesting Lord Lucan connection alright https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]. Though was his ancestors who owned it. Starting with the 2nd Earl. And his grandfather who seems to have been the last Bingham tenant. Rather than "the" Lord Lucan of notoriety himself. The 7th Earl.
There might be a murdered nanny behind that chicken wire and creeper ... !!
25" OSI map link
Thanks https://www.flickr.com/photos/gnmcauley. Map duly updated :)
Home of Lord Lucan, and now part of the Convent. The Lucans still collected ground rent for a significant amount of property in Castlebar until relatively recent times (and may still do!).